Actually I wrote down ‘break out of the comfort zone ‘ recipe 8 months ago on Dünya Kaç Bucak?‘. Now it’s time to go back and refresh, add some and maybe adjust. It’s another time of changing the shell, breaking out the comfort zone again…
It’s very important to look our life from outside, even if the things go well… Cause either you believe in karma or just destiny, there are some occasions that we cannot manage, they’re meant to happen. And yet when these circumstances happen, there is something that we can manage is our attitude! Yes, our attitude makes us, us, makes me, me. So, for this look the person shouldn’t wait long-term. No need to wait for a case of every 10-year climacteric, death or birth news or a big change. We need to break out of the comfort zone and shake ourselves from the root!
What Corporate Life Has Done to Us?
Thinking corporate life responsible about the things happening to us is just like the control of our life is not in our hands and yet playing the easy or escaping from the reality. Yes our parents get ourselves in to trouble because of their insecure feelings of the future. However, it is again our choice. We need to remember that the control is in our hands and waiving to accuse others. Here and now!
Seeing the Big Picture
It’s essential to look at the big picture. 1.5 years ago I did something crazy to most of the people, still I can’ believe and I left corporate life, my home, family and Turkey. I gave a 1 year trip as a gift to myself that I could live my life according to my feelings. The ‘can’t believe’ part is that I can’t see anything impossible. In the beginnings of my 30s, just about to earn 5 digit numbers, how come I could leave my shining, brilliant future?
Please leave all these aside! Everyone knows that I am not Einstein, even if I would be it is my business, isn’t it? So what are you or not, is just your business. What to do with your life is also your business.
Although going back to corporate life was just like a very dystopic future idea, after 5 months of coming back home it didn’t seem like a horrible thing to me. After all I could do any job to earn money. What else we expect of a job? Please don’t order things like personal improvement and such stuff. I have been learning a language, learning how to play an instrument and reading tons of books for 5 months. So a human being can improve theirselves without a need of money. In this case yes, there is only one thing left; money. Of course unless you find 22 people trying to catch one ball ridiculous. To catch the ball and kick a goal is a very small possibility that I can’t calculate even as a Statistician:)
Well what I was telling is if I need the money, why I don’t open my little store again instead of trying to make in a place somewhere on earth. So I said, to feed myself and do what I can do. After all with this minimal lifestyle, I could save more money easily. However some interviews showed me that the system doesn’t want the awakened ones. What if I don’t work until the end of my life? What a big deal! (If you need more about making money for traveling, visit 20 Creative Ways To Make Money For Traveling)
So in brief I am trying to say is: career is nothing, freedom is everything! Whatever you do as a job, if you have freedom to step out of the door anytime- it’s not because of 100ks of savings or you are a house holder- I bow before you in respect. Cause the important thing is to be free in our life. Free from everything! If you are aware that before system makes you attached to itself, you make it attached to you, you will solve the big equation. It is as big as e=mc2, I’m not joking… Because your life can be shaped in a complete different way.
If we come to why I wanna be a part of the system again… I still have some sort of BIG dreams:) I write below in bold. There are still many places in the world that I haven’t seen.
Dreaming of Traveling Around the World and Breaking Out the Comfort Zone…
A Long While Before Saying Bye Bye
- First, no installments for your credit card expenses and no loans
- Search alternative ways of saving money even if you make a good amount of money. For instance, if you live alone, have a homemade or rent your room on Airbnb.
- No need for meaningless shopping and for short trips that you spend a lot. Cause you’re preparing for Big Bang.
- There should be a journey behind this riot. Otherwise it’s not a riot. Either against the system, nor you. Especially not against you.
- So you need a purpose, an intention so that you can buy a ticket one way, and go to a journey with no plans at all. Just going with the flow, surrendering what universe brings you.
- One by one you need to get rid of your old habits, the pleasures based on the system. You will break walls of any kind of comfort.
- Meanwhile, you will reveal this plan to your mom, brother, sister, girl-boyfirend or your spouse. You should spread some seeds for emotional preparation process. Cause eyedrops can’t help you either.
- If you tenant as I used to be, there are two options: either you leave the house permanently to a trusted friend or you just take everything outside and find a way of storing or selling your stuff.
Are you ready now? Do you have a purpose or intention? Then it’s time to say good bye to your boss
Time to say ‘I’m going’
- If you can, you shoul take your compensation (I couldn’t).
- Before leaving, it’s better to move somewhere you don’t have to pay for rent, like moving to your parents’ house. So you can save some more until you go.
- If there is some stuff that you can sell, you will sell them. You never know multiple times of 5s bring you big amounts.
- So you get rid of your stuff, extra clothes, problematic relationship if you have:) There is only a fear of missing family and close friends left. You can make it, no worries!
So the date of your start is in the gate now. The new start; ask now
What does economy class life require?
Of course you get used to spend all your money for short trips, in the first place everything will seem cheaper. But nooo, you should be vigilant from the beginning. I’m ranking one by one:
- You will use indirect flights, don’t be sad! My favorite web sites are www.momondo.com.tr and www.tickets.com.tr or https://www.kiwi.com/tr/
All of them offers you some filters like how many layovers you will have or how many hours it will take. So you can filter easily and have your cheapest ticket. After 1 year of traveling, taking 22 flights I can say they are the cheapest options.
- Hostels will be your home, you will find the cheapest ones. It will not matter to you to sleep in a mixed dorm. For the best hostel search engines www.booking.com , www.hostelworld.com and https://www.agoda.com/tr should be visited. If you search for “backpackers hostel”s, there is a chance to meet people like you.
- You can eat cheap but healthy food. So you should listen people you meet at the hostels or just cook for yourself.
- You have to bargain hard! You have to present your price. Trust me, it works!
- If you don’t feel insecure, you can couchsurf.
- You don’t have to buy sim cards everywhere you go. Just settle down with the wifi.
- If you have to take a taxi, share it!
- You can also work voluntarily. Take a look at workaway and woofing. Isn’t it the best way to discover new cultures to interact with locals? And it’s good resting a bit in one place after traveling here and there.
- You can also hitchhike of course. Napoleon said:’Budget! Budget! Budget!’:)
- If you need an equipment, you will try to find a sponsorship for your needs. You are giving inspiration for free, so there should be something in return, right?
- Hmmm, and also you need to eliminate some cosmetic stuff and use less. Like I use coconut oil for almost everything:)
- You have to find a way to ease your bag. Less heavy bag, less heavy life! You can wash your stuff anyways.
Like this, you will find another person in your place:) You beat your comfort zone, by the way what was comfort zone? Ahaha! You are the king! You can survive wherever you go, whatever you do! Welcome to the kingdom of yourself!
PS: I am saying with capital letters that if you don’t have a power of trusting yourself don’t do it! Cause being on the road is not easy, especially when you are alone. If you are ready, brave enough and you have a strong intention to leave the lifestyle you have, just do it! Then good luck!
For other destinations: http://www.journalofayogini.com/kategori/travel-with-me.
For yoga and wellnes posts: http://www.journalofayogini.com/kategori/yoga-wellness